Why make regular chocolate chip cookies when you can make chocolate olive oil chocolate chip cookies?
We thought the same thing.
So we thought we'd share our family go-to recipe for our household staple chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
makes enough cookies for 2 big cookie monsters, or 4 small ones :)
- 1 cup white flower
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Wild Groves Chocolate Olive Oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups favorite chocolate chips
- Optional : 3 tablespoons flavored balsamic such as WG Red Bing Cherry for extra flavor
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream your sugars, butter and oil. Add the eggs + vanilla and mix until everything is well blended.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix slowly until barely blended. Add the chocolate chunks and mix until just mixed.
- Gently roll into heaping tablespoon-sized balls, place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes. We eat ours fresh out of the oven with large glasses of milk.