This Grapefruit and Avocado salad is perfect to make in the wintertime when citrus is in season and if you can get your hands on a nice avocado! It is light and bright, with the perfect balance of tart, sweet, and savory. Top it with our Mikan Mandarin White Balsamic Vinegar and a generous drizzle of olive oil and serve with some toasted bread!
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe:
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pomelo, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Wild Groves Mikan Mandarin White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Wild Groves Kitchen Blend Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Microgreens for garnish, optional
- First, prepare the pomelo. Use a sharp knife for this to remove all of the pith effectively.
- Then, add 2 cups arugula to a plate or a shallow bowl.
- Arrange the pomelo slices on top and salt lightly. Then, arrange the avocado slices on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the slices shallots on top.
- Dress the salad with the white balsamic and olive oil, and garnish with microgreens if desired. Serve chilled.