We are making a delicious Rosemary Beer Olive Oil Bread featuring our Ascolano EVOO. The flavor is amazing, and the crumb is incredibly soft and fluffy thanks to the bubbly, foaming beer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
Watch the full video here with Dewey: YouTube - Wild Groves
- 2 teaspoons of Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin into half-moons
- 2 tablespoons sugar cane or granulated sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped (about 2 sprigs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 12 ounces your favorite beer or ale
1.In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cook stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes. Or until they are a nice golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with the same Ascolano Olive Oil.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of sugar, the flour, garlic, rosemary, salt, baking powder, and pepper and mix well first. Add the cool onion and beer. The batter will bubble up and fizz. Stir gently, just enough so that everything is combined. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon into the prepared pan. (Drizzle a little more Ascolano over the top to finish it off, optional) Place in the oven and Bake for about 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
5. Slice it up and enjoy every bite, dip in olive oil.