This quick and easy Apple Crumble Recipe is a crowd favorite and a great recipe to make during the colder months. The crumb topping features our Ascolano Olive Oil and simple pantry ingredients to make a delicious addition to the apples beneath. Paired with vanilla ice cream or a fresh whipped cream, this Apple Crumble is the perfect low-maintenance dessert!
Apple Crumble Recipe:
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (3 tart apples and 2 sweet apples)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Wild Groves Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss your apples in the lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Add into the apple mixture and set aside.
- For the topping, add the olive oil and egg into a separate bowl. Add in the cinnamon, salt, baking powder, flour, and brown sugar and mix well to combine.
- In a large oven safe dish, add in the apple mixture. Then, add the topping mixture on top and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes until it is browned and bubbling.