This Citrus Olive Oil Cake is full of bright citrus flavor with a lovely chewy texture. Featuring our Crushed Mandarin Olive Oil, this cake is perfect for any season of the year, especially for a dessert or mid-day snack. Paired with vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, or even yogurt, this olive oil cake is sure to please.
Citrus Olive Oil Cake Recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or oil an 8 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Next, add in the almond flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix until just combined and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggly. The top of the cake will be quite dark.
- To serve, top with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream if desired.