What's better than just plain waffles? Banana Nut Waffles! These waffles are studded with walnuts and bananas, and topped off with strawberries and maple syrup to make the perfect Sunday morning breakfast.
Loaded Banana Nut Waffles Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (we used oat milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 a banana, chopped into small pieces
- Other fruit and maple syrup to serve (optional)
Mix the nut milk, vanilla extract and the apple cider vinegar together in a large bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes - this will make the buttermilk mixture.
To that bowl, add the salt, cinnamon, and vanilla olive oil and stir to combine.
- Next, add in all the dry ingredients to the wet - the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Stir until you have a thick batter that is still scoop-able.
- Finally, add in your chopped walnuts and give the batter a quick stir. Do not overmix!
- Turn on and preheat your waffle maker for about 3 minutes, and then when it is hot, spray it with nonstick spray.
Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop out some batter and spread it onto the middle of the greased waffle maker. Add your banana pieces on top and cover with the batter using your fingers so that the banana pieces don't burn.
- Cook each waffle for 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy.
Remove each waffle and place on a baking sheet in your oven to keep warm and crispy until finished with the entire batter. Continue with the rest of the batter.
Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!