You may have heard of Lemon Poppy Seed muffins before, but have you ever tried Lemon Chia Seed muffins? While poppy seeds are delicious, sometimes they can be hard to find and expensive! That's why we experimented with using chia seeds instead in this recipe and loved the results. We also used our Meyer Lemon Olive Oil to add extra lemony flavor to these muffins along with the fresh lemon zest and lemon juice. If you are a die-hard lemon fan, then these are the muffins for you! To top them off, we love mixing any Wild Groves fruit-flavored Balsamic Vinegar (White or Dark) to make a glaze with powdered sugar. It's as easy as that!
Meyer Lemon Chia Seed Muffin Recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Wild Groves Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Wild Groves Red Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar (or any Wild Groves Balsamic Vinegar of your choice, White or Dark)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside. This recipe will make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular-sized muffins.
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes to curdle. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, and the lemon juice and zest. Slowly add the curdled soy milk, whisking while adding, until completely incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, folding in gently until just combined.
- Fill the muffin liners 2/3 of the way full and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean. Set the muffins on a cooling rack to cool. If you are making jumbo muffins, they will take closer to 20 minutes.
- If you are choosing to glaze your muffins, sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl and add the balsamic vinegar. Whisk until fully combined, smooth, and shiny. Drizzle over the muffins after they have cooled and serve.