These Rosemary Olive Oil Dinner Rolls might just well be the star of your Thanksgiving table this year.....😉 Although these rolls are extremely light and fluffy, they only take about an hour to make and 15 minutes in a preheated oven! The final touches are brushing them with more Wild Groves EVOO, of course, and sprinkling on our Spanish Rosemary Sea Salt over top.
Rosemary Olive Oil Dinner Rolls Recipe:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Wild Groves Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon active-dry yeast
- 3.5 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra olive oil, for brushing on top
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the water, milk, olive oil, and honey. Then microwave for 1 minute, and give it a stir. Then continue microwaving it in 15 second intervals, until the mixture is very warm to the touch but not hot or boiling. If this mixture is too hot, it will kill the yeast. If it’s too cool, the yeast will not activate.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a large bowl. Then sprinkle the yeast evenly on top, and give it a quick stir with a fork to combine. Wait for five minutes, or until the yeast is foamy.
- Then, add in 3.5 cups of flour (not all of the flour) and the salt.
- Using a large spoon, mix until the dry ingredients are combined. If the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl, add in 1/4 cup more flour at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch (Only use up to 4 cups of flour total). Continue mixing for 4-5 minutes. Then, form the dough into a ball with your hands and transfer it to a greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel or paper towel, and let it rise until doubled in size.
- To form the rolls, gently punch the dough down and divide into 15 equal-sized pieces. Form each piece into a ball and place the dough balls in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover the dish again with a damp towel or paper towel, and let the dough balls rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the rolls are lightly golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and brush the tops of the rolls with olive oil.
- Serve warm and enjoy!