This Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake is perfect for springtime! Using our Meyer Lemon Olive Oil and fresh lemon zest gives this coffee cake a lightness that traditional coffee cakes do not have. The addition of the blueberries adds a nice sweetness and burst of flavor in the cake as well. This quick cake makes a perfect dessert, breakfast treat, or snack and only uses simple pantry and refrigerator staples!
Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake Recipe:
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup Wild Groves Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt.
- Add your egg, milk, and olive oil. Stir until just mixed, don’t over stir.
- Fold in blueberries and pour into pan. The batter will be thick!
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, softened butter, oats and brown sugar. Spread evenly over the coffee cake batter.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.