VIDEO: Make this Roasted Feta Appetizer Dish for Valentine's Day!
Enjoy this appetizer on it’s own, or add it to a charcuterie board with a hunk of crusty bread to dip in evoo and a glass of wine (chilled white is our recommendation!). Perfect for just you or to share!
- 1 block of Feta Cheese blotted dry
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Fresh Thyme
- 1 TBSP Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of Wild Groves' Ascolano EVOO
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to your liking)
- Chili flakes (to your liking)
- Edible flowers (your choice)
- Honey (as much as you want!)
- Loaf of Bread (Rustic Baguette is our Recommendation)
1. Heat oven to 400 F
2. In a small pan lined with aluminum foil to help transfer to a plate, put a little olive oil down and the feta cheese block into the middle of the pan. Drizzle more olive oil over the top of the feta. Cook up to 30 min, or right before it starts to melt and is soft and springy to the touch. If your feta is quite thick, you'll need to cook it longer as you test it for softness.
3. Pull out of the oven and sprinkle on your sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, thyme and mint leaves.
4. Place back in the oven on broil up to 10 min, however we recommend starting to check it within 5 min to brown the top to your liking.
5. Take out when browned to your liking and remove it from the pan, placing it on a serving plate. Lightly drizzle EVOO over the entire dish, decorate with edible flowers.
6. Slice and warm your rustic baguette
7. Use a knife to cut chunks of feta and place on a slice of bread, pour over the honey and enjoy!
Enjoy! - Dewey, The Lucero Family & Team Wild Groves
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt