This Spring Pea Farro Salad is going to be your new go-to salad! It is hearty, yet healthy and refreshing at the same time. Perfect as a light lunch or as a side for a grilled protein!
Spring Pea Farro Salad Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups dry farro
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 cup snap peas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Microgreens for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup Wild Groves Ascolano Olive Oil
- 1 Meyer Lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp white vine vinegar
- Red chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, bring a medium pot of water to boil and blanch the snap peas and asparagus pieces for about 2 minutes until bright green and tender. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Next, use the same pot of water to cook your farro. Cook according to package directions with a pinch of salt, a drizzle of olive oil, and the vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- When the farro is done, take it off the heat and set it aside to cool off.
- Then, prepare your vinaigrette. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, chili flakes, miso paste, and salt/pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked vegetables, farro, feta cheese, chopped parsley, green onions, and vinaigrette. Toss until the vinaigrette is well dispersed. Taste for seasoning, and top with microgreens if desired and serve room temperature or chilled.