Oh, avocado toast! A breakfast staple nowadays along with a fried egg, fruit, a yogurt parfait... anything goes! The great thing about this "recipe" is that it really isn't a recipe! This version of avocado toast is our favorite way to eat it, but it is different for everybody. The only non negotiable ingredient in this recipe is of course, the olive oil. A good drizzle of EVOO on your avocado toast truly elevates the flavors and makes it absolutely delicious. And don't knock the honey until you try it, it is surprisingly tasty!
The Perfect Avocado Toast Recipe:
- 1 slice of bread, your choice (We used Dave's Killer Bread)
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- Red Chili Flakes
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Drizzle of Honey
- Drizzle of Wild Groves Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place your bread in the toaster or toaster oven and toast to your desired shade.
- Mash half of an avocado in its shell and then spread on the slice of toast after the bread has cooled slightly (this will ensure that your toast stays crispy).
- Sprinkle salt, everything but the bagel seasoning, chili flakes, and ground pepper on top of the avocado.
- Drizzle a little bit of honey on top and finish with a drizzle of Wild Groves Olive Oil. Enjoy!