Risotto is the ultimate comfort food (along with mac and cheese), and we created this Truffled Mushroom Risotto to be decadent, comforting, and satiating. Not to mention, delicious! Using our Robust Blend EVOO adds depth of flavor when sautéing the garlic and shallots as well as to the Herb Sauce, and sprinkling our Double Truffle Sea Salt in this dish really intensifies the truffle and mushroom flavors. Serve this risotto with roasted veggies such as asparagus, or even broccoli, carrots, or zucchini for a complete meal!
Truffle Mushroom Risotto Recipe:
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed and sliced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Robust Blend Olive Oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 5-6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (more if desired for a creamier risotto)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Double Truffle Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to top and herb sauce if desired
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tbsp Robust Blend Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, sauté your sliced mushrooms in 2 tbsp of truffle oil or Wild Groves olive oil. Do not salt them yet! Only salt the mushrooms after they have fully browned to your liking, because salt draws the moisture out of the mushrooms.
- Set aside your mushrooms when they are cooked to your liking. Then, add 1 tbsp of Robust Blend EVOO and cook your shallots until translucent, and then add your sliced garlic.
- Prepare a small pot with 5-6 cups of stock, set on medium heat.
- Add the dry rice to the shallots and the garlic and stir to combine. Then, add 2/3 cup of white wine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the wine has been absorbed.
- Then, add in stock a cup at a time, stirring frequently, until each cup of stock is fully absorbed. You only want to add more stock when the rice begins to get a little dry. When your rice is close to being all the way cooked, add in your cooked mushrooms, miso paste, butter, and milk. Season with salt and pepper as well. Continue stirring to combine, and add more stock if needed. When your rice is fully cooked, take it off the heat and drizzle with more truffle oil or truffle salt if desired. Serve hot!