We all know salads can be boring... this salad is NOT! The crunchy romaine lettuce, radish, roasted snap peas, and homemade croutons are made even more delicious with a vegan caesar dressing using our Robust Blend EVOO and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!
Spring Caesar Salad Recipe:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3" piece of old bread, such as baguette
- 3 tbsp Robust Blend EVOO
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp caper juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- First, make sure your cashews have been soaked for at least 30 mins in boiling water. Alternatively, if you do not want to do this, you can use mayonnaise in place of the cashews for this recipe.
- Add your soaked cashews to the blender along with the Worcestershire sauce, water, roasted garlic, capers, caper juice, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper.
- Next, add in 1 tbsp of Robust Blend EVOO and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning and add more water if needed. You should have a smooth and pourable consistency.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of dressing for your salad, and store the rest in the refrigerator for later use. Use within 3-4 days.
For the salad:
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place your cubes of bread in a small baking dish and coat with 1 tbsp Robust Blend EVOO, salt, and pepper. Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- When the croutons are done, put them in a bowl and use the same pan for the snap peas. Add the snap peas to the pan with 1 tbsp Robust Blend EVOO, salt, and pepper, and roast for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Once your snap peas are done, assemble the salad. Place the romaine in your bowl as the base, then the radishes, snap peas, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle over the dressing and serve!