This Summer Corn Salad is the ultimate summer salad to make for a BBQ during the warmer months.The zesty dressing, sweet corn, and basil are a winning combo alongside the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. It would pair perfectly alongside ribs, grilled chicken, or even seafood.
Summer Corn Salad Recipe:
- 3 cups corn, frozen or cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1/2 a cucumber, chopped
- 3 tbsp Ascolano EVOO
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Harissa powder
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chiffonaded
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- First, prepare your corn. For the best flavor, cook the corn on the grill or in the oven until bright yellow and tender. Once cooked, remove kernels from corn. Alternatively, frozen corn can be used.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk the EVOO, lime juice, Aleppo pepper, harissa powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and toss gently. Serve chilled or room temperature!
Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil