This is a classic Cheesecake recipe with a smooth creamy texture, but with a fun twist. The crust is made with our delicious Vanilla Olive Oil for extra flavor.
For The Cheesecake
- Cooking Spray
- 3 (8-oz.) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
For The Crust
- 1 Sleeve graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 Tablespoons, and also 2-1/4 Teaspoons of Wild Groves' Vanilla Flavored Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- pinch of Salt
For The Pecan Pie Topping
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1-3/4 Cup whole or chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8" or 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Make cheesecake filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment), beat cream cheese and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, then sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt.
2. Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, vanilla flavored olive oil, brown sugar, and salt. Press mixture into prepared pan.
3. Pour filling over crust. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. (If you want to bake the cheesecake in a water bath, wrap bottom of pan and place in a deep pan.) Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour, then remove aluminum foil and refrigerate cheesecake in pan until firm, at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
4. Before serving, make pecan pie topping: In a nonstick skillet over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar until bubbly (keep heat low to avoid burning butter). Stir in cinnamon, heavy cream, pecans, and salt until completely coated, then remove from heat and let cool and slightly thicken. (You can make topping up to an hour in advance and keep at room temperature; don't refrigerate as the butter will solidify.)
5. Release springform pan from cheesecake and spoon over cooled pecan pie topping and serve.