Looking for the ultimate appetizer to entertain and wow your dinner guests, Wild Groves' Prosciutto and Berry Crostini with Balsamic Drizzle is a fancy appetizer that bursts with sweet and salty flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons of Wild Groves' Foxy Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Wild Groves' Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 oz of Burrata Cheese
- 4 oz of Prosciutto
- 1 Small package of Blackberries
- 1 Small package of Blueberries
- 1 Small package of de-shelled Pistachios
- 1 Rustic Baguette
1. Slice rustic baguette in half long wise, so you have two long pieces. Then you will slice one side in at an angle and keep switching cuts until you have triangular pieces. (Repeat for the other side). Brush each piece with a light coating of Wild Groves' Foxy Blend EVOO. Crisp in the oven on at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, watching very closely until lightly toasted. Approximately 2-3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile on the stove begin to simmer 1/2 cup of Wild Groves' Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar over medium heat. Once simmering, lower temperature down to low heat. (This step is so important, slow and steady, with low temperature). This will prevent the balsamic from burning and becoming too hard. Stirring occasionally, cook until vinegar has reduced by half and coats the back of the spoon, approximately 20 minutes.
3. Cut burrata cheese in half and spread cheese over top of the toasted bread pieces.
4. Top each piece with desired amount of blackberries and blueberries. (I prefer a couple of each).
5. Add a slice of prosciutto to each crostini.
6. Drizzle with Blackberry reduced balsamic glaze.
7. Add crumbles of pistachios over the top and Enjoy!