This Golden Beet Kale Salad is the best way to transition from summer into fall. The combination of the savory kale with the sweetness of the golden beets, cranberries, and blueberries is perfect! And of course the honey dijon dressing and toasted pistachios on top take it to the next level!
Golden Beet Kale Salad
- 1 head kale, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 golden beet, rinsed and peeled
- 1/2 can rinsed kidney beans
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup Foxy Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, steam the beets. In a steamer basket on the stove or Instant Pot, steam the beets whole for about 25 minutes until fork tender.
- While your beets are steaming, gather your salad ingredients. We'll make the dressing first.
- In a small bowl, combine the Foxy Olive Oil, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt/pepper. Whisk well until combined.
- Then, start on the salad. For the kale, add about 1/8 tsp of salt and massage well with your hands until it has shrunken in size and is tender. Then, add the blueberries, kidney beans, dried cranberries, and toasted pistachios.
- Don't add the beets until they are fully cooled or they will wilt your kale! After you add the cubed beets, add the dressing and toss to serve. Enjoy!