This delicious fall and winter salad is composed of fresh arugula, white beans, toasted almonds thinly sliced shallot, kalamata olives, and of course the star of the show, persimmons! Dressed with a simple vinaigrette of extra virgin olive oil and Satsuma Mandarin Dark Balsamic, this salad is light and bright while also making for a satisfying lunch or side salad.
Persimmon Salad with Satsuma Mandarin Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 persimmon, sliced thinly
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 1 large shallot, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 tbsp Ascolano Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Satsuma Mandarin Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Persimmon Salad with Satsuma Mandarin Vinaigrette Instructions:
- First, lay down your bed of arugula. Add on your rinsed white beans, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your almonds in a 375 degree oven for about 7 minutes, until fragrant.
- Then, add on your sliced shallot, persimmon, and kalamata olives.
- In a separate bowl, make your vinaigrette. Add in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk vigorously until combined and pour over the salad.
- Toss and enjoy!