This PB and J Granola is an easy and healthy way to eat this childhood classic for breakfast! Natural peanut butter and olive oil add healthy fats to this recipe, and using applesauce instead of copious amounts of honey or maple syrup makes this granola delicately sweet. Sprinkle it on yogurt, eat it as cereal, or snack on it on its own!
Soft Baked PB & J Granola Ingredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup Kitchen Blend Olive Oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, vanilla extract agave nectar or honey, and olive oil. Gently heat the peanut butter in the microwave on the stove until runny and add into the mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Add oats and cinnamon into the wet mixture and stir well to combine.
- Then, add in the raisins, dried cherries, and seeds. Stir again to combine.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread out the granola mixture until an even layer is formed. It will be sticky, so try wetting your hands a little bit or using a large spoon.
- Place the granola in the oven and back for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely and then break into bite-sized pieces. Store in a sealed container or jar in a cool place for up to 1 week.