This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is the perfect balance of tart and sweet, and is perfect for a summer dessert. Perfectly sweet strawberries combined with the tart rhubarb and nectarine make a delicious pairing with vanilla ice cream, or even greek yogurt in the morning for a delicious breakfast parfait. We also love using the Kitchen Blend EVOO instead of butter in this crisp topping, which adds a nice crunch to the warm fruit.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe:
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 nectarine, sliced
- 2 stalks rhubarb, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Wild Groves Wild Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Wild Groves Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the fruit, toss together the rhubarb, nectarine, strawberries, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, vanilla, strawberry balsamic vinegar, and the lemon zest together in a large bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes to macerate the fruit. In a measuring cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the lemon juice and then mix it into the fruit. Pour the mixture into an 8-by-11-inch baking dish.
- For the crumb topping, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, olive oil, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix until the dry ingredients are moist and the mixture is in crumbles. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, covering it completely, and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm!
Wild Groves Kitchen Blend Olive Oil