Cavatappi with Silky Carrot Sauce
Looking for a weeknight pasta recipe full of hidden veggies? This Cavatappi with Silky Carrot Sauce is the perfect recipe to hide tons of veggies in its creamy sauce! Carrots are of course the main ingredient, paired with onions, garlic, miso paste to add umami flavor, Robust Blend EVOO, and cashews to help make the sauce creamy. Finish with a sprinkle of parm, and you're ready to eat!
Cavatappi with Silky Carrot Sauce:
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped (or 6 small cloves)
- 3 cups carrots, chopped into small pieces (about 5 carrots)
- 2 tbsp Robust Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cashews or hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Grated cheese for serving, optional
- First, set a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Heavily salt the water.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Then, add the onions and garlic and saute until fragrant and soft.
- Next, add in the carrots, cashews or hemp seeds, salt, pepper, and water. Cook until the carrots are tender.
- Add the sauce to a high speed blender with the miso paste and nutritional yeast and blend until silky smooth. Set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- In the same pot, add in the carrot sauce with 1/2 cup pasta water and the cooked pasta, Stir gently as to not break up the pasta. Taste for seasoning, and add more pasta water if needed. Serve hot!
Robust Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil