Instant Pot Curried Sweet Potato Soup
This Curried Sweet Potato Soup is chock full of warming spices, coconut milk, and root veggies, making it the ultimate fall soup. This silky-smooth soup is both comforting and satiating thanks to the healthy fats and starchy carbohydrates, and ultimately a very delicious way to eat your veggies!
Instant Pot Curried Sweet Potato Soup Recipe:
Adapted from Yay for Food
- 2 tbsp Wild Groves Kitchen Blend Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 knob of ginger, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- First, set the Instant Pot to "sauté". Add the olive oil and onion to the pot, stirring until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and ginger and stir for another minute.
- Then, add in all the spices– the bay leaf, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cumin, black pepper, curry powder, and salt. Stir in all the spices to bloom them in the oil.
- Press “cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot. Add in the remaining ingredients: sweet potatoes, carrots, coconut milk, and water to the pot. Give the mixture a good stir to distribute the ingredients.
- Seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure (“manual”/"pressure cook" function) for 8 minutes. After it is ready, allow natural pressure release for 20 minutes before applying a quick pressure release to completely depressurize (until floating valve drops).
- Open the Instant Pot and give the soup a stir. Next, blend with an immersion blender or carefully ladle the soup into a high-speed blender. Blend for 3-4 minutes until totally smooth. If it is too thick, add water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and ladle into bowls to serve!
Wild Groves Kitchen Blend Olive Oil